The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The JV-2080 64-Voice Synthesizer Module expands upon the worldwide success of Roland's JV-1080 by offering eight expansion board slots, three independent EFX sets and dramatically enhanced ease-of-use. Accommodates up to 8 user-installable sound expansion boards, allowing access to approximately 2,900 patches when fully expanded 768 internal patches; 16MB of wave data expandable to 144MB (16-bit linear format) Large 320 x 80 dot graphic backlit LCD for dramatically enhanced ease-of-use Innovative Patch Finder function groups similar patches from internal banks, expansion boards and memory data cards together Phrase Preview function allows users to hear patches within the context of a musical phrase by pressing volume knob; no keyboard needed 3 onboard EFX sets with 40 effects each Note tha this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the XV-5080 128-Voice Synthesizer/Sample Playback Module.

Discussions

Any producers here from the 90's ??

The scene "broke out" for me in the mid 80's. I personally rented out studios because I didn't want a record company dictating what I did. A problem was the record companies didn't always understand my finished product. My biggest hit took over a year to get pressed up on vinyl, because the pressing plant...

View Post

I will never sell my JV 1080 again....

...about the older JV line respect to the newer line - I remember buying the Fantom XR to replace the JV-2080, and ended up selling the Fantom and going back to the JV. The JV line seems "warmer"? Although I have to say, they brought the magic back with the Jupiter-80 /...

View Post

What are some good rackmount synths for techno/house?

I've got a JV2080 that I got with the Techno card and classic synth card for about 240.00 Will definitely get some of those sounds.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?