The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Polyphonic 6 voice analogue synthesizer with 2 Voltage Controlled Oscillators per voice. It has 2 LFOs with the option of sine, triangle, ramp and random (noise). The filter is a switchable combination of two filter blocks giving the option of a 24 dB/oct lowpass, a 24 dB highpass, or a 12 dB bandpass. The filter has a seperate envelope generator assigned to it. There are two more ADSR envelopes and a keyboard track function and mixer to balance oscillator levels. It has one arpeggiator offering Up, Down, Up/Down, and Down/Up note functions, and can store 48 tones and 32 patches. There's a 61 key keyboard. It has MIDI control. Date of production is 1983. There is a firmware upgrade called "Europa" which extends the MIDI compatibillity.

Discussions

Roland Jupiter 6

wow that is expensive for what you get. unless you buy it as an investment. i had a jupiter 6 once and it didn't sound very warm, more like a jx3p. it sounds nothing like a jupiter 8 but giving the name people might think that.

View Post

Roland Jupiter 8 (new version)

The Jupiter 8 is the most over rated and over priced Roland synth, imo. It's all about the Jupiter 4 and Jupiter 6 on the polyphonic size of things. peachh

View Post

SUPER 6 - a 12 voice poly by UDO

They can't be worse than the Polysix's! Those are truly awful, and I think I have a lot more patience for that kind of stuff than most. It sounds great and punches way above its weight, but really feels like the budget poly that it was.

View Post

Video Guides