The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Fantom-XR brings powerful sampling and synthesis to a convenient 1U rack module. With room for over 1GB of sounds, this affordable module sets a new standard for expandability. The 128MB internal wave ROM includes expressive new Patches like an 88-key split piano, plus room for six SRX expansions. Full-blown user sampling is also supported, along with .WAV/AIFF compatibility for loading samples via USB. And with PC Card storage, the Fantom-XR makes backing up data quick and easy. 1U rackmount synthesizer/sampler with capacity for over 1GB of sounds 128-voice polyphony and expressive 4-tone stereo multiplex synthesis Flexible user sampling with .WAV/AIFF compatibility 128MB wave ROM expandable to 512MB via 6 optional SRX boards 16MB sample memory expandable to 528MB with optional DIMMs 3 MFX processors, plus separate reverb, chorus and mastering effects USB port and optional PC Card storage with up to 1GB capacity 2 stereo (4 mono) analog outputs, stereo analog input, plus S/PDIF digital I/O

Discussions

Roland Fantom XR vs XV-5080?

Besides the display and ease of editing on the 5080, did the 5080 have better converters? Trying to find some info via Google, but no lucky so far. Was just trying to confirm if the outputs on the 5080 was better than the Fantom XR. Devon

View Post

List of Synthesizers featuring rare features

...Series 30A (30th Anniversary) Hohner HS-2/E Kawai MP9000 Korg WaveStation A/D Moog MemoryMoog Open Labs Open Synth Neko 64 Roland GR-700 Jupiter 6 Jupiter 8 MKS-80 V-Synth XT (only TRS 1/4") Fantom X (only TRS 1/4") Fantom XR (only TRS 1/4") Fantom G (only TRS 1/4") Rhodes Chroma Yamaha DX-1 DX-5 CP-70B CP-70D CP-80D CP-70M CP-80M CS-20M CS-40M CS-70M TX816 Polyphonic 2-VCO per voice synthesizers with MIDI implementation being capable of Velocity & Aftertouch (expansions excluded): Akai VX-600 AX-80 Alesis Andromeda A6 Jomox Sunsyn Oberheim Matrix-12 Xpander Octave Plateau Voyetra 8 Rhodes Chroma Roland MKS-80 Super Jupiter Sequential Circuits Prophet T8 Studio Electronics Omega CODE Other features I...

View Post

1U rack synth Gems

...string sounds way better on the 01. Totally different vibe(AI2 vs ACCESS and hardware differences and sample formats). Surprised the Fantom XR hasn't made it to this list, probably one of the most expandable 1 rack space synths ever. Loved mine when I had it..

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?