The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Which drum machines do you own?

Currently: Roland R8 mkII Elektron Machinedrum Boss DR-55 Dr Rhythm Roland MC-303 Roland SP-808 Owned in the past: Roland TR-909 Roland TR-808 Roland TR-707 Roland TR-606 Roland CR-5000 Roland CR-8000 Roland CR-78 Roland R-70 Linn Drum Yamaha RX-21

View Post

MAY 2018 New Gear Thread

Pretty much unused, unopened Roland CR-8000: Stored away for many years. I bet there's not many of them with actual white buttons and cream plastic case. Perfectly working and complete with those rare Roland cables and original dust cover. It sounds and plays amazing, great fun. Edit: some sounds - CR-8000 jam - Clyp

View Post

Recommendations for some under the radar vintage drum machines

...On the whole I think the KR-55 has much nicer sounds. I like the KPR-77 a lot more than the CR-8000, anyway.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Well the sounds are great! Classic electronic drum sounds that hint back to the famous CR-78 and TR-808 drum machines. But none of these sounds are editable and there is only one mono audio output making this machine less of a studio-piece of gear and more of a collector's item. Aside from these limitations it, like other CompuRhythms, has a series of preset patterns in many different styles as well as programmable patterns with 8 storage patches. While the CR-8000 is usually sampled for today's applications, the thing about the CR-8000 that cannot be captured by sampling the sounds is the swing/groove feel which has its own control knob. The intervals between beats are variable, but also the timbre changes... very nice, especially the hats