The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with 3 position variable polar pattern (Omni, Cardioid & Figure 8). Both NT1 and NT2 were designed by Jim Williams of Audio Upgrades. The capsule in both the NT1 and NT2 are derivatives of the Neumann K67 with the K67 drilled backplate pattern. Omnidirectional (16 mV/Pa; 20 - 20,000 Hz) Cardioid (16 mV/Pa; 20 - 20,000 Hz) Self-noise ranged from “<14dBA” to 17dBA Max SPL ranged from 130 dB to 135 dB (or 145 with the pad) Pad: -10dB (Via Switch) Filter: HPF (Via Switch) 48V Phantom required Impedance: 40 Ohms (Low)

Discussions

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...favorite with the hiphop/rappers at my commercial studio back in the early 2000's...in contrast to my partner's more modern-sounding Rode NT2, it was more mellow/smoother and I think that the artist's were taken just with the size of it alone...I sold it along with most of my other gear from that era when we...

View Post

I can't really see why a Neumann u87ai is worth the money after seeing this video

I've used the U87 AI, Rodes NT1A and a pre-lawsuit NT2 for years. I can contribute the following observations: * The pre-lawsuit NT2 looked very nice and singers liked using it. * The NT2 had nice air but was very sibilant for most singers. It worked very well on singers that had lot's of body in...

View Post

Recommendations for my Mic Locker

...instruments. RE-20 - Workhorse. Vocals, bass amps, wide variety. Audix i5 - Snare maybe. Tame bright sources Beyerdynamic M69TG - Tame bright sources Rode NT2 - Great for extremely quiet sources. Unbelievably low noise floor. Birds, squirrels, neighbors fighting, etc. Shure Beta 58 - Pounding in nails. Shure SM86 - My preferred live vocal mic. Really does a great job. Shure...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides