The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

March 2017 New Gear Thread

This was my March haul so far. Mic is the new RODE NT1, whata gem, so quiet and a complete overhaul from the NT1-A. Thanks to thebrightside who suggested it:) New studio cat named `Rio' - a lost Cockatiel rescued from the wild. It took 4 weeks of me trying to tame him to get...

View Post

Akg c414 xls/xlii or mojave ma-201/301?

...ok choice tho. wide cardioid response may sound a little better for singing than cardioid. i really like the rode nt1 big fan of it. similar to the tlm 103 and tlm 67 voicing wise.

View Post

Warm audio WA-47jr or Blue Baby Bottle or Cad m179?

I have read the same reports that the new (black, I think) NT1 is a much different mic. I can’t confirm that from my own experience.

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

The NT-1 is Røde's new version of their popular large diaphragm condenser microphone. The capsule is a HF6 low noise gold sputtered membrame. It has an an internal shockmount from Rycote built in. Self noise is only 4.5 dBA so the microphone is very precise. The grille is a nickel plated one, with an extra ceramic firearm coating, both the body and grille are scratch risistent. It comes with a "dual-Lyre" external shockmount (Rycote) and a stainless steel pop shield. .