The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The RME Hammerfall HDSP Multiface is a German-made unit that houses 8 - 24-bit/96kHz 1/4" I/Os, ADAT optical I/O, ADAT-Sync In, S/PDIF I/O, MIDI I/O, word clock I/O, and a separate analog line/headphone output for independent submixing. When working with several digital sources, SyncCheck technology displays their state and Intelligent Clock Control syncs all data. Front panel LEDS indicate MIDI, sync, and error statuses. Operates with zero CPU load and low latency. Laptops require Hammerfall HDSP PCMCIA Card (not included); tower-type computers require HDSP PCI (not included). Includes TotalMix and S/MUX mixing and recording software. Half-rackspace.

Discussions

Evaluating AD/DA loops by means of Audio Diffmaker

List updated with result from two RME Multiface II loops recorded by juki, a member of the French forum Audiofanzine, one using 4 dBu balanced inputs, the other one using -10 dBV unbalanced inputs. DA-AD loops from this wav file evaluated by means of Audio DiffMaker. ADDA converters MOTU 828mk2 (laurend) Corr Depth: 36,4 dB (L), 37,9...

View Post

Any news on RME?

Even if RME comes out with an 'updated' audio interface, it won't matter. My Multiface I purchase from 2003/4 is still working fine, they even released drivers that bring its features up to par (sans the FX) with all of the current Totalmix based interfaces. Same with my Multiface II, bought in...

View Post

Mytek AD/DA with PCIE

...so if it works it will work especially if you find a seller with a 100% reputation. I've have an RME Multiface Mk1 thats 15 years old and it still looks like the day it came out of it's box! Plus RME are still writing current drivers for it and adding new software features .... tell...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?