The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

RMEs Fireface 800 revolutionized the world of FireWire audio interfaces. Now the revolution continues: The Fireface 400 is not just the little brother of the Fireface 800 - it is a completely newly designed device. It is the only device in its class with active jitter suppression, stand-alone functionality, complete controllability from the front panel, highly flexible I/Os in professional quality, and an unsurpassed 648-Channel matrix router - at sample rates up to 192 kHz. As usual, RME offer a host of sophisticated features and characteristics with the fastest Firewire technology. These include:

• Two digitally controlled Mic Preamps in high-end quality
  • Two balanced universal inputs for line and instrument signals
  • SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
  • Simple stand-alone operation with rotary encoder and front panel display
  • 54 Level Meter Peak/RMS, hardware-calculated
  • Full mobility by Bus Power support
  • DIGICheck, RME's unique meter and analysis tool
  • TotalMix: 648-Channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution

Discussions

Evaluating AD/DA loops by means of Audio Diffmaker

...(L) -52.1 dBFS (R) Prism Orpheus (MainTime) Corr Depth: 30,8 dB (L), 32,4 dB (R) Difference: -51.1 dBFS (L) -52.4 dBFS (R) RME Fireface 400 (didier.brest) Corr Depth: 30,2 dB (L), 31,8 dB (R) Difference: -49.8 dBFS (L) -50.8 dBFS (R) TC Electronics Impact Twin (ben) Corr Depth: 29,1 dB (L), 30,8 dB (R) Difference: -48,7 dBFS (L), -49,7 dBFS...

View Post

SSL SiX small format mixer???

...(line in) channels one and two. I compared the output of the SSL Six (headphone and monitor) to my RME Fireface 400 and my UAD Twin. As I prefer my Fireface 400 over the UAD Twin, I continue the test with the RME Fireface 400 only. Running the audio signal from the RME into the SSL...

View Post

Which of these would you buy? RME Interface or Tascam Mixer

I use a Fireface 400 and one ADA8200. Works like a charm. The Tascam is just going to take space away from possible synthesizers and effects. :cop:

View Post