The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

In 1956 production of the Type 36 series commenced with the A36 machine. It was the aim of the manufacturer to virtually, eliminate mechanical wear and at the same time produce a transport mechanism of the highest performance, utterly dependable and a joy to use. Thus the three-motor principle, already acknowledged as the ultimate in the professional field, was employed. So successful was the original system that it remains today, with only minor improvements. The first Revox Stereo Recorder, the D36, appeared in 1960. The mechanics were retained from the previous series and allied to these were new electronics to permit complete stereo recording and playback to cathode follower level with the additional provision of a monitor amplifier.

Discussions

Holy grail preamp: most versatile?

...very sweet and special mids, not very authoritative, inspite of the M100 opamps. Studer 289 desk: similar sound as the NTPs. Revox D36 and G36: Thick tubey tone, can be great if you want character and color. It seems that Jakob Erland designed a Gyraf unit after the mic pre part of a G36 (these are...

View Post

What auralex product is right for me?

...going to get the lenrd ones. However what I'm confused on is which panels to buy. Should I buy the D36 roominator kit? Or just get the 24 pack of 12 inch wedgies? If I do get the d36 kit how should I arrange the two different kinds? Also I only ever see acoustic...

View Post

Anybody record rock drums using ONLY classic condensers?

...choices for the Kick in/out. Personally I would choose something else more suitable - for example AKG D12E, D20 or D36 or even an EV RE20 for "Kick In" and a FET47 Kick Out. You really can't go wrong...Neve to decent mics (presumably a good sounding room) to 2 in 16 track. Should...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?