The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audeze LCD-X

Audeze LCD-X

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Hi-end monitoring headphones

27th February 2015

Audeze LCD-X by Vintageidiot

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Audeze LCD-X

I have had a pair of the Audeze LCD-X for about 3 months now. I also received closed back inserts to swap out if needed. I have used all sorts of standard studio headphones in my musical career, Sony, AT, Sennheiser, etc. This particular brand of headphones is not along those lines, they are priced for hifi audio enthusiasts. The level of quality places it in the hi-end studio owner bracket, for those seeking an uncompromising delivery of audio. The most endearing quality I have found with these headphones is that I do not feel as if I have headphones on when wearing them. Not so much in the physical aspect but in that I do not feel as though my ears are closed off inside of a cup. These headphones sound to me as if I am in a perfect acoustic room.

The bass response is superb, as is the mid and treble frequencies, in my opinion. I can find no wrong with these headphones. I also own AT20 and 45 series headphones which I use in normal tracking duties. For mixing I employ my Audeze's. I have lent them to other studio owners to hear and to test against other headphones, and in my opinion there was no contest whatsoever. I am fortunate to have toured the facility and also been allowed to see all of the parts used in their construction. I received mine in a business agreement where I am working on a design for Audeze which is why I was afforded the opportunity.

Let me say that my business relationship has no bearing on my opinion of these headphones. No review by me would have any bearing on my future relationship. Fact is, I hear what I hear and am blunt in sharing those thoughts. If you are in the position to invest $1700 for headphones I think that you will be astonished with the sound of these, whether used to listen to your mobile device, on your laptop, or through your studio monitoring output. These headphones speak for themselves.....

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Audeze LCD-X
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search