The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MFB Synthlite

MFB Synth Lite 2

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

MFB SYNTH LITE * 2 oscillators (DCO) * Sawtooth, rectangle and impuls * Ringmodulator and Oscillator Sync * 2 Envelope generators (ADSR) * Voltage controlled 24 dB low-pass filter (VCF) * Voltage controlled amplifier (VCA)

8th January 2015

MFB Synth Lite 2 by AtticaEnumbrea

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
MFB Synthlite

The MFB Synth Lite II is compact, incredibly easy to use and cheap (for an analog monosynth). All around it's ... "pretty good."

You can get some good bass and lead lines in no time and they generally sound round, full and warm. It's not a very versatile synth however, and I usually steer clear of the square wave as it usually sounds brittle and funky (not in a James Brown-kinda way). But then again it wasn't designed to be versatile. It sits pretty good in a mix and if you're looking for those 70's/90's vintage-y aggressive sounds, it can do that with ease.

I originally bought it to replace the bass lines of my Quasimidi 309 (which crashed) and the sounds don't really compare, just sounds different. The MFB has a little harsher of an attack and smoother envelopes.

In conclusion, if you're looking for a quirky, raw synth for your vintage project and only have a space the size of your wallet, then this synth is for you.