The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Direct Sound EX-25 Headphones

Direct Sound EX-25

4.4 4.4 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

I used to be a KLH 141 guy, then the price went up and the quality went down. I see Sonys in the studio, but they sound awful and fall apart. When I found the Direct Sound EX-25s I was very happy, they sound great, give great isolation, put up with punishment and they are very comfortable.

30th January 2012

Direct Sound EX-25 by Sim

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

I don't think there's any headphones around for this price that isolate as well, are built solidly or fold away like these do.

So your tracking vocs and the click comes through or your trying to line up some mics on a cab to get them in phase, these headphones are perfect for that job. The are absolutely rock solid but compact enough that they fold in like DJ headphones to store away neatly. The red inside foam on one speaker shows its the right side. These things are literally builders ear muffs with speakers in you can isolate so well. They're really comfortable and surprisingly don't get that sweaty at all. The sound quality is average maybe slightly better but that's not what they are intended for. They don't fatigue and the are reasonable detailed and coherent. It has a good quality cable and a particularly good really hard sealed jack connector no breaking that.

They isolate -25db which is as good as unfitted earplugs. Also comes with a nifty little holder for your jack adapter to be held so you don't loose it genius.

They also make a -29db version which is as compact but it supposed to have alot higher quality sound.

The -25db model costs just £47 where as the iso -29db ones cost £64 which I think is still pretty cheap they also come with a 3 year warranty if you buy from thomann can't go wrong really.

16th November 2014

Direct Sound EX-25 by garygottlieb

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5

I used to be a KLH 141 guy in the studio, loved the isolation, sound quality and durability, then the price went up and the quality went down. I see a lot of engineers using Sonys in the studio, but they sound awful and fall apart so easily. When I found the Direct Sound EX-25s I was very happy, they sound great, give great isolation, put up with punishment and they are very comfortable.

I wear them on airplanes to save my ears with the 25dB of noise reduction, and they are comfortable enough where I can keep them on for a long flight and forget I'm wearing them.

I still have my original pair of EX-25s, they are that durable, unlike the Sonys that might fall apart if you stare at them too long.

Of course what really sold me on them was the exceptional sound quality. The quality holds up to headphones that are two or three times the price.

I am also a "buy American" kind of guy when possible, and these are made by a couple of guys in Missouri who I always see at AES conventions. They go to other shows too, so you can meet them, chat with them. They are really nice guys and dedicated to producing a quality product.

These headphones get my top rating, both for studio and personal use.

16th November 2014

Direct Sound EX-25 by garygottlieb

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5

I used to be a KLH 141 guy in the studio, loved the isolation, sound quality and durability, then the price went up and the quality went down. I see a lot of engineers using Sonys in the studio, but they sound awful and fall apart so easily. When I found the Direct Sound EX-25s I was very happy, they sound great, give great isolation, put up with punishment and they are very comfortable.

I wear them on airplanes to save my ears with the 25dB of noise reduction, and they are comfortable enough where I can keep them on for a long flight and forget I'm wearing them.

I still have my original pair of EX-25s, they are that durable, unlike the Sonys that might fall apart if you stare at them too long.

Of course what really sold me on them was the exceptional sound quality. The quality holds up to headphones that are two or three times the price.

I am also a "buy American" kind of guy when possible, and these are made by a couple of guys in Missouri who I always see at AES conventions. They go to other shows too, so you can meet them, chat with them. They are really nice guys and dedicated to producing a quality product.

These headphones get my top rating, both for studio and personal use.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Direct Sound EX-25 Headphones
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search