The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PreSonus Monitor Station V2

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 4 Reviews

Honestly this thing rocks. A ton of I/O options. Killer onboard D/A converter via SPDIF

10th November 2014

PreSonus Monitor Station V2 by scottyjneilson

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75

Im giving this thing a stellar rating being for how small this is and the cost it is freaking way flexible. I have had several monitor controllers but this is the first unit that actually gives me all the features I wanted. Check out the specs on the presonus site. Tons of I/O

What really makes this thing shine is the on board DA converter via SPDIF. I actually am only running an ECHO AUDIOFIRE 2 these days which I picked up after having to sell my AF12. I have always felt the AD on the ECHO is very good, if not on par with the RME and Apogee units. Where it suffered though was its DA conversion which while better than many lower end units still could be more revealing.

Well running this thing SPDIF out of the AF2 into the Monitor Station V2 has been my solution and its staying. I love it.

27th January 2016

PreSonus Monitor Station V2 by bace

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 4

I have this for a while now. I like that it can mix the inputs. I use one input for music stuff directly to my daw. The other input is to a small mixer that is for other things. The computer that is for email web etc. The digital input is used with a bluetooth receiver to stream from the phone or tablet. I dont like that I can not turn off all inputs. And the phone input jacks are wrong placed. They are on the top, that makes the chord go over everything. It should have been one phone jack in the front and one in the back. The back so that it does not needed to have any cables upwards. The input channel separation is not that good. The digital input leaks over so even if it off it can be heard. But I did not expect it to be perfect for that price.

1st March 2016

PreSonus Monitor Station V2 by Brianrudie

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

I dented my pocket to buy this for its features as the reviews online were good, However on connecting it up and testing, The first thing that we noticed was that it took the edge out of my previously recorded music, It was like the clean crisp highs were gone and swapped for an inferior sound, Its hard to describe but in lamens terms it sounded plastic.

I am using a RME fireface UCX with KRK rocket 5s , 8s and Tannoy reveals 402 which sounds amazing until you connect this device.

Am I missing something here or is this just simply not for professional use.?

4 weeks ago

PreSonus Monitor Station V2 by TempestSoulTortr

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

This really good device
I'm using it with SPDIF input which provides noise free high quality monitoring even at max volume .I think it take clock from incomming SPDIF- i'm work at 88.2 khz
+3 pairs of monitors
+3 pair sources
talkback function with microphone inside
recording out - you can record exactly what you hear

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search