The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5015

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Great technology, really hard to go wrong with this unit.

18th September 2014

Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5015 by WilfredoFernando

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75

The sound quality is great and you can push the gain really hard and it saturate in a musical way. Good warms, what come out fit almost perfectly on any kind of mix.

Feeling comfortable with my pop/rock vocal, i feel its a thin line between cutting trough the mix and the flat. There is a great feel in the mid freq. I feel it could fit any type of genre and it would do an excellent job.

When playing it without pushing the gain you get a nice clean sounds. And no noise is on the background since the case is made to be protected against.

The silk button: enhancing the low frequency giving to your sounds an extra warms.

The compressor: it is real analog. The ratio, attack, release, threshold and the make up gain to save the day.

FF/FB: Feed forward and feed-back button available. Feed forward being really accurate and fast responding.

Easy to use: Everything is accessible on the front panel. Experimentation with different values are really fun when exploring the 5015.

Features: Mic preamp, low pass filter and a good compressor, all good quality, what else can you ask.

Bang for buck: Want good gear? I was looking for a pro sound, now i got it. Its a huge step up for my vocal and its an investment . But I feel it's a good investment, because this will last for years to come. Really solid, and the sound that you get is worth.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search