The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EVE Monitors SC208

Eve Audio SC208

4.9 4.9 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Eve SC208 is a serious 8" near field/mid field monitor.

25th July 2014

Eve Audio SC208 by Deleted User

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
EVE Monitors SC208

Earlier Adam monitor loudspeaker designer, the German Roland Stenz started Eve (not to mix up with Event) Audio 2010 and has already hit the market with most outstanding and praised loudspeakers.

Eve builds:
- Two way speakers: The 200 series
- Three way speakers: The 300 series
- Four way speakers: The 400 series

The 200 series contains:
- SC204 with a 4" woofer
- SC205 with a 5" woofer
- SC207 with a 7" woofer
- SC208 with a 8" woofer

The SC208 is a near field/mid field studio monitor that has a tight and full frequency bass and a smooth band tweeter. The frequency range is 36Hz to 21kHz. Crossover frequency is 2800Hz. The SC208 plays deep and a subwoofer is not needed. Good mixes sounds awesome and bad mixes awful in the SC208.

It has a built in amplifier for the bass of 150W and 50W for the tweeter. There is a built in protection limiter.

At the rear are a XLR connection and a RCA connection, filter switch and power outlet. At the front is a rotary push knob to turn on/off the monitor and to set the built in DSP.

Closest options for Eve SC208: Equador or Adam monitors.

Personal opinion: Listened and compared to some monitors in the same price range. Focal, Yamaha, KRK, Equator, Genelec and The Egg with Eve and found out I like Eve best, due to clear bass, mid and high. They don't sound too far from my NS10 in the mid range.

11th April 2017

Eve Audio SC208 by SecretSociety

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
EVE Monitors SC208

Hey folks,

After using my Eve Audio SC208 for about two years now, mixing and listening to a wide range of musical genres I wanted to share my honest opinion with you guys.

First thing that comes into mind is the overall stunning tonal balance throughout the whole frequency spectrum and the excellent stereo imaging across the entire volume range.

In the past I got the impression that Ribbon Systems struggle with a very high end response, but Eve Audio really did a great job improving their folded Ribbon Tweeter (Air Motion Transformer) by a larger front plate and a more powerful magnetic motor, producing a silky smooth response throughout the whole spectrum.

These Tweeters give you all the detail of the high end without sounding brittle or harsh at all, which was very critical to me.

The eight Inch Silver Cone Woofer delivers a low-end response ranging down to 36(!) Hz powered by a 1.5 Inch voice coil, ensuring a maximized linear excursion.

The Bass Port is located at the rear panel coming in a rectangular slot design to minimize air noise and port compression at higher volume levels. (successfully)

When I´m playing my Dreadbox Hades or a Moog Minitaur directly into my UAD Apollo interface, the SC208 continue to shine. The bass is tight, punchy and I don´t feel like I am missing any information of the low end despite not using a subwoofer.

Transient reproduction is also insanely good. Stacking fast arpeggios or snare-rolls on top of a huge bass sound won´t give you a headache anymore. The detail and “snappyness” is always present, making you place instruments to your mix in no time. (Great overall balance)

The SC208 easily expose weak mixes and show off the differences in quality very well. No big deal getting mixes finished real quick, because of Eve´s great sense of detail and space.

You can hear slightest changes to parameters of compressors, reverbs and EQs, which makes it easy for me to judge what I´m doing even at low volume levels.

After long periods of mixing they still stay comfortable to listen to and make you enjoy quality recordings such as “Depeche Mode´s Spirit” or “David Bowie´s Blackstar” even more.

All functions like the filters can easily be adjusted by the front panel rotary.

The filters can help you decreasing negative effects when mounting the speakers on a console or reflective mixing desk surfaces. You can setup the filters to boost up to +3dB at 80 Hz or cut off up to -5dB at 300 Hz to give you an example. (comes in very handy adjusting the monitors to your room)

When all parameters are adjusted to taste, you can easily lock those settings by using the dip-switches (filter/volume) located at the back of the monitor.

I love my Eve´s and I really feel like they improved my workflow and mixing ability by a LOT!

You should give them a try, since they are most likely the best “Bang for the Buck” on the market right now.

Cheers

SecretSociety

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search