The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TriTone Digital ClassicTone-560

TriTone Digital ClassicTone-560

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

ClassicTone-560 by TriTone Digital is fantastic emulation of the famous 1970s API 560 EQ.

18th April 2014

TriTone Digital ClassicTone-560 by Tommy Zai

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

ClassicTone-560 by TriTone Digital
is fantastic emulation of the famous 1970s API 560 EQ. This convolution (authentic IRs), 10-band, graphic re-creation is extremely easy to use and helps to create a big, fat, punching sound — guitars and drums (esp. snares and toms) really come to life. The CT560 provides sweeping band corrections that make it perfectly suited for mixing duties and global mastering enhancement.

THOUGHTS

• Straight forward, simple, yet powerful interface band sliders.
  • Shines on mids.
  • Fat, punchy, and warm.
  • CPU friendly.
  • Innovating developers.

CONCERNS
Will my g/f kill me if I get TriTone's bundle?

CONCLUSION
This virtual version of the API 560 is extremely musical and great sounding. It's priced right and is produced by an excellent developer. I highly recommend it to any eMusician, producer, sound designer, film and game scorer, DJ, etc., who is looking for a vintage EQ that delivers! When used wisely, this plugin provides sonic glue for audio tracks. Tommy Zai gives ClassicTone-560 two vintage thumbs up. Thank you, TriTone Digital for developing a sweet EQ.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... TriTone Digital ClassicTone-560
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search