The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MIDAS Venice F32

MIDAS Venice F32

4.7 4.7 out of 5, based on 4 Reviews

VeniceF is the platform for a completely integrated audio mixing, recording and processing package - thanks to its FireWire* digital audio interface which is capable of supporting up to 32 x 32 channels of high-quality, 24-bit audio.

8th April 2014

MIDAS Venice F32 by Bcsteene

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
MIDAS Venice F32

This console is the center of my recording studio. The preamps are wonderful sounding - warm and punchy. The eq is 4 band and while it sounds amazing it is hard to reach and adjust because its packed so tight together. I would also say that the eq effects the sound quite a bit, so you only need a little nudge, not too much. That said, if you do push the eq it does not fall apart - highs will shine, and lows and mids sound smooth and warm (it is MIDAS eq after all). The flexibility of the firewire 32 channels I/O is amazing - being able to use insert effects in my DAW (protools) for tracking is great (especially when those singers want a little verb on their vocals during tracking)- and being able to easily switch tracks out back with a click of a button is also amazing. The highest it records at is 48.0 and 44.1, at 24 bit, some people think this is too low, but I find both of these to be more than suitable for all my recording needs and don't hear a difference between something recorded at this rate and at 96. I find the summing on the console to be punchy and three dimensional - most of the time I mix in protools then bounce it down through the Midas to get some of that analogue warmth in the mix. This console is a great deal, it is incredibly flexible, and it sounds amazing. I highly recommend it!! (I should mention there is a slight learning curve in understanding how the routing works on this console, but once you figure it out, it's amazing how flexible it can be!!)

3rd February 2016

MIDAS Venice F32 by Sorb

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
MIDAS Venice F32

After one week of testing it I can say: I simply love the F32. Considering the price it´s incredible value for money. I mean... for 2100 € (it´s January 2016) you get a 32 track analogue mixing desk with with fairly good preamps, full parametric EQ, 6 AUX busses, AND a 32 in / 32 out firewire interface with really nice DA AD conversion. The green firewire button on top is basically a "fake inline" option. I am using Windows 10 with Cubase 8.5 and Ableton 9.5., it works absolutely flawlessly.
Honestly... I would have payed twice as much for this. It´s a steal.

The preamps are really suprisingly good. They are maybe not absolutely crystal clear as, let´s say the UAD Apollo preamps. However, they have a really nice punch and very good and tight transients. Not too noisy either. I would not hesitate too use them for... everything.

The EQ is great. You can do everything with it. It´s just audible a bit to fast, even tiny movements will change the sound. But I got used to it and now I can handle it.

Routing options are excellent. I miss a proper control room section. Here you can see it´was built as a live mixer, but I am using a SM Pro audio passive thingie to control the output volume.

The workflow improvements for my way of recording are hard to describe, it´s a huge difference from fiddling around with the virtual RME mixer in order to route an input to some input in the DAW, always in shortage of channels, even with 16 channels. Now, I have all my synthesizers and gear always connected to the Midas. It´s right in front of me and I always now, let´s say the Analog 4 is on channels 15 and 16, so if I want to record it, just put the DAWs input on 15/16 and that´s it. No further checking of metering, it´s right in front of you, in the real world, there is a LED chain and it will sound exactly as you hear it. It won´t clip. The AD conversion is perfectly matched to the preamps / channel output.

So i have all my gear on different channels. However, at any time I can just press the green firewire button on top of a channel and now it´s a DAW OUTPUT channel. I can press all 32 green buttons and I have a 32 track of analog summing right before me with nice faders. EQ in/out button is very handy now.

I can also have a couple of channels working as DAW outputs and some others working as input channels at the same time. It´s so much fun to work like this.

9th April 2017

MIDAS Venice F32 by studioman22

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
MIDAS Venice F32

I'm not sure why anyone would need more than this board for just about anything. The pre's are sweet. Not too clean, not to muddy, not too noisy, not too much anything. Just enough mojo to know you are running through something very special.

The EQ is very powerful. And by that I mean you just start turning a knob and you go "woah" before you even reach the first tick mark. The sound changes radically. And by the time you've hit the third tick mark on any EQ knob, you're on a whole new planet.

Firewire implementation is awesome. Very stable here running under Win 7 pro 64 and Reaper. Having 30 inputs available for OTB summing is a dream come true. Note you need to use two channels for routing back to the DAW.

What really gets me about this beast is the way it is able to handle a dense mix, through any channels, or the master. The elements remain clear and nicely separated.

My first production through the F32 is turning out to be probably the nicest sounding I have ever done. Thick and rich, monster drum sounds, slamming low end, smooth highs, I mean, seriously! I'm in total LOVE with this thing.

I was thinking about getting some outboard pre's... but nah. Don't need em. Not even for bass DI. With my active Fender Jazz, the bass sounds are super nice, straight into any channel, with plenty of gain available.

Faders are nice and smooth. Pots are solid feeling, not flimsy like on some other boards. Even the weight of the board is quite manageable at around 70 pounds. I was able to carry it myself and install it.

If you want more bang for the buck than an F32 offers, you're going to have a VERY difficult time finding it. This board is a total winner, through and through. Very highly recommended.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search