Boz Digital Labs Sasquatch Kick Machine by Tommy Zai
*Disclaimer: I'm a songwriter, producer, and educator. My writing style may read like a billboard ad, but my user review is sincere and authentic. I only appraise a product I consider extraordinary, hence the high rating. I don't work for the developer. In fact, I rarely work at all. :-) I hope you find my review useful. — Tommy Zai
Sasquatch Kick Machine by Boz Digital Labs really does “give you complete control over the sound of your kick drums.” I expected to be able to make slight adjustments in clickiness and boominess, but I never imagined such a deep level of bass drum manipulation. It’s hard to resist turning the knobs (click+oomph+direct) and/or scrolling through the extensive list of presets to transform a boring kick into something otherworldly. Deeper editing is available to control the tone. Users have a choice of tweaking, enhancing (blending new sounds with kick or snare), or their replacing kick. There is an easy to read meter and a compare button to . . . well, compare your efforts with the original audio. During my demoing I experienced ZERO latency and ZERO mis-triggers.
• Simple, pleasant GUI
• Fast results (once you wrap your head around the whole concept)
• Serious deep end possibilities
• CPU friendly
• No samples, all synthesis largely based off the incoming kick data
• Tutorials available online
• Responsive, enthusiastic developer
• Imagine if Sasquatch had separate modules that could also work magic on snares, toms, hats, cymbals, etc.
• Use sparingly unless you are looking for an extreme sound
• Limited by the incoming signal. You can only do so much with a bad sample.
• The name "Sasquatch" is difficult to spell
Sasquatch is an excellent plugin for designing and redesigning kick. Whether you are trying to clean up the attack, beef up the boom, or totally reshape your kick — this will do the job and more. This plugin is a MYSTERIOUS MONSTER kick machine! I highly recommend Sasquatch to any eMusician, producer, audio gamer, DJ, etc., working in any genre from 60s to folk to jingles to metal to alternative to industrial to electro and beyond. Tommy Zai gives Sasquatch two earth-shaking stomps on the floor. Thank you Boz Digital Labs for creating such a useful and powerful plugin.
* I have also had the pleasure of experimenting with BAZZism by ISM, and I do NOT see these products as directly competing. Yes, they both are kick drum plugins, but IMO they have different strengths, applications, and compliment each other wonderfully. My recommendation . . . get both and never look back!