The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MESA BOOGIE Triple Rectifier

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Metal to the core. The Triple Rectifier by Mesa Boogie is one hell of a Rock and beyond workhorse.

27th December 2013

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier by RJRage89

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

Sound Quality (5)
Nothing much left to say but "wow" after being able to play through one of these for about 9 years. The one I am reviewing is a 2005 model (but can to apply to newer models, I have played through them before). The sound quality is unbelievable as it should be with a price tag of (GASP) $2,100. You can get pretty much anything out of this amp (yes, even Jazz and Blues) if you know how to tweak knobs (I'll get to that in the next section). Cleans that shimmer and sparkle to soaring lead tones and everything in between. This is certainly one hell of an amp from a tonal standpoint.

Ease of use (3)
So I mentioned something about tweaking knobs.. There are a LOT of them on these. I bought mine when I was young, reckless, and above all.. Very inexperienced. I was LOST. This amp isn't for the faint of heart. What I mean is, if you don't know how to tweak knobs well or you aren't looking for that kind of thing.. You may want to keep your distance from this amp.. Otherwise, fork out the cash and enjoy your purchase of an outstanding amp.

Features (5)
Lots and lots of features. Full 3 band EQ, presence, gain, and volume knob per channel. Footswitchable FX loop On / Off. Master volume and solo boost (Also selectable On / Off via footswitch). Also gives you the choice of solid state rectification or tube rectification by the flip of a switch. 3 different voicings on the rhythm / lead channels and 2 on the clean channel.. You have lots of options, is what I am getting at. Many things are possible with this amp because of its flexibility and features.

Bang for buck (4)
Am I going to give this 5 stars? No way. There are indeed other amps out there that cost much less that can do (close) to the same thing (that is an opinion). The Triple Rectifier is a LOT more flexible and can cover many more genres than they get credit for. So why not a lower grande than 4? Because you DO still get what you're pay for.. Which is one hell of a bad ass amp.

For those of you interested in the matching Rectifier 4x12 Cab. Hands down a GREAT, solid, well constructed cab. Although I don't feel that $1,000 is exactly within most people's budgets.. You do get what you pay for in terms of sound and reliability. They're loaded with Vintage 30's. If you have the dough, pick one up! You won't be let down.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... MESA BOOGIE Triple Rectifier
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search