The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neumann KH 310

Neumann KH 310 Stereo Pair

4.4 4.4 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Neumann KH 310

16th December 2013

Neumann KH 310 Stereo Pair by chrisdee

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 2 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
Neumann KH 310

After having some trouble getting my KH120's to translate bass/lowend well it was time to look for new and bigger monitors. Enter the KH 310's!

I'm tempted to just write WOW and end the review with that.
But here is a short review :

As with the KH 120 the very first impression is kind of boring and flat. However first impression quickly passes when I start to eq and mix and hear how accurate the monitors are. They make the KH 120's top end sound a bit harsh and the bass/lowend lacking and struggling in comparison.

I'v read several other reviews of the KH 310 as being effortless. That's my impression aswell. They are never struggling with any frequencies or level. The width/soundstage is huge compared to the other monitors i've had. With some reverb and delay effects it sound like a surround system. I hear sounds coming from behind!

For my budget (hobbyist/purist) they are expensive, but from other reviews I'v read they are among the top 5 commercially available monitors you can buy today. And the others on the top 5 list cost two and three times as much. They originally cost $5500 here in Norway but I got them for $4750 factory new.
Still expensive but I'm happy with these

Reccomended!

15th April 2017

Neumann KH 310 Stereo Pair by jay_phoenix

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 2 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
Neumann KH 310

Sound Quality:
These speakers sound decent.Thats it just decent.They won't give you a wow factor unfortunately. They just won't.Are they accurate? as all freaking hell yes they are accurate and revealing.
Spec sheet says they go down to 34hz however i have yet to hear that in mine. they will go low but only depending on the source.A moog synth will rumble the apt but a flac file of fleetwood macs rumors (one of the best engineered albums of all time imo)
has very little low end.for example

Ease of use:
Hook em up and bob's ur uncle

Features:
As much as you could ask for i suppose

Bang for buck:
I got the pair new for $3400 on sale which i suppose is a good deal however i produce Edm and am finding the low end to be lacking. Could it be my room? most likely. If you own these speakers and have pointers please hit me up!!
So bang for buck: if your using these for surgical or sound design or tweaking transients on kick drums i suppose these will blow you away.They are INSANELY accurate in my opinion . but for general purpose monitoring I'm not so sure. I am still getting to know these and no matter what these are the best i can afford so I'm keeping them but just thought id throw my 2 cents in.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search