The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland A-800 Pro

Roland A-800 Pro

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Roland A800 Pro, light and compact 61 keys Midi Controller. One of the nicer midi controllers on the market for the price range which feels and plays solid. Width: 39-1/2 inches Depth: 9-7/8 inches Height: 3-10/16 inches Weight: 9 lbs. 15 oz.

19th November 2013

Roland A-800 Pro by 141550

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Roland A-800 Pro

Roland A-800 Pro is a very solid midi keyboard by Roland. After i sold my Motif Es6, i was looking for something more compact for my DAW. I went to guitar center to check out many different controllers for my Protools 11. After testing many different controllers on the market, i was unhappy cause i missed the key action on my old Yamaha. I thought to myself, maybe i made a mistake and should of kept my old keyboard. Many controllers keys felt rubbery, flimsy, just old plasticky including M-audio and even more expensive Akai.

i went home and looked at many different controllers online and started doing my research on Gearslutz. I finally pulled the trigger on a Roland A800 Pro without trying it first cause no local stores had it, i took a chance. I knew Roland is a reputable manufacturer and make great keyboards. The keyboard finally arrived from The keyboard looked fantastic. It was very light to hold and looked great.

The lcd display looked gorgeous. Even my wife thought i made a good choice since she liked the sleep look. You know you got yourself a winner, when your wife approves your music gear when your pockets are empty It was a departure from old bulky keyboards. It weights a merely 9lbs 15 ounce. It came with Cakewalk software which i didn't as of yet. I bought it for my small home studio to work with Protools 11. They keyboard has 8 Dynamic Pads for finger drumming and MIDI triggering. You can power this keyboard through USB or with a power supply provided.

Right now there is a lot of competition among the midi keyboard controllers. I was surprised to find many higher cost controllers with cheap keys. My second choice after Roland would be a Korg controller, which i also liked a lot. Only drawback with Korg is that it only works with USB and doesn't have any midi ports. Regardless, you cant go wrong with either of these controllers but if midi is something that's needed in your setup, grab yourself a Roland and you wont be dissapointed.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Roland A-800 Pro
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search