The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Superlux D108A

Superlux D108A

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The Superlux D108 is a Super-Cardoid vocal microphone with a price between a behringer xm8500 and a shure sm58.

18th October 2013

Superlux D108A by hwasser

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Superlux D108A

My band have a really small rehearsal room, and have therefor problems with feedback, we have tried cheap microphones like behringer xm8500 and behringer 1800s and have also tried Shure SM57 and SM58, none of them have been usable, the vocals just cant cut through the guitar and drums in that little room.

However, I got a good deal on a Superlux D108, including the mic, a mic stand and a microphone cable for 50€, so I thought for myself "what the **ll, it can't be worse than my behringers".

When it arrived I got a pretty good impression, it arrived in a nice box, including a nice clip and a little bag. It feels well built in my hands, not plastic-ish and it has an on/off button. I plugged it in and soundchecked, it sounds very clear compared to the behringers and shures, it it quite bright, but not very harsch, the mids are a little weak though.

And now to the best part: It doesnt feedback! I can crank up the volume twice as high as my Shure SM58 before it starts to feedback! The off-axis rejection works good also, I can move around a little without my voice disappearing and it seems to reject vibrations from the stand and stuff very good.

To be honest, this is the best microphone out there for its price (45€). So if you want something better than a behringer, but living on a tight budget, I recommend this mic (or if you are experiencing feedback problems like me)

(i did the rating with the price in mind)

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Superlux D108A
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search