The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Renaissance Reverb

Waves Renaissance Reverb

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Also known as Rverb, a reverb for anything.

23rd September 2013

Waves Renaissance Reverb by Victorian Needle

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Waves Renaissance Reverb

My go to reverb, although there are cons.

Lets start with drums. It has the ability to transform a snare, making a wimpy snare become massive. The other practical application for use on drums (for me) would be the drum buss. Essentially adding emotional impact and making the drums a cohesive unit.

Next let's move on to vocals. Depending on the mic/preamp will obviously make a huge difference on how it is affected. Some mics will have a harsh sibilance when using Rverb. It can not be fixed with EQ or filtering, once again, depending on the mic. That's my personal outcome. Even with the EQ on the unit itself. I some times turn off the reverb all together and use it as solely a pre-delay then add another Rverb to open up that sound.

I personally do not use a lot of reverb on bass and I don't use a lot of guitars in my own music so I can not comment on those, but it works amazing for piano and orchestral instruments. Really opens up the sound.

Be expected to tinker with the EQ settings or EQ after as I have to commonly.

I'm not saying this is a bad plugin, I have stated it is my go to plugin, but it does not work with everything 100 percent how I would like it too. It is a great plugin and has many parameters to where it can be used as a creative effect. Another caution, there are not that much of a difference in reverb types on this. The differences in the types are very small, so choose one and focus to hear the differences.

Great reverb, but work with it to know it. It can be your best friend sometimes.

24th September 2013

Waves Renaissance Reverb by Ward Pike

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Waves Renaissance Reverb

With respect to the original reviewer, I don't find it to be a go-to reverb for drums as I find the Trueverb to be a much better application for creating drum rooms that sound natural and translate well to a final master.,

But the RVerb SHINES on vocal and acoustic instrument applications. It allows great control over damping, EQing, room size and shape as well as various other types of reverberation.

I have been using it for nigh on 2 years now and particularly impressed with how simple tweaks can make enormous differences and allow you to balance an instrument or voice in the mix. It can add depth of sound without your actually hearing the reverb. That is impressive.

Overall I'd give it 5/5 and thumbs up!