The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gemini Audio G2500 Compressor library for Nebula

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Amazing new G2500 Compressor library for Nebula from Gemini Audio. Punchy, hefty, and full of classic character!!

21st September 2013

Gemini Audio G2500 Compressor library for Nebula by richinmusic

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5

If you already use Nebula, then you know that compression has always been the utility that Nebula users had been most unhappy with. There have always been some good "character" compressor libraries, but Nebula could never do the "fast" compressors and still maintain the sweet sound. Now with the advancement of the Nebula engine and the amazing work from developers like Gemini Audio, Nebula users can enjoy more compressor libraries that are awesome.

The new G2500 is really astounding. It is full of the character, attitude, punch, and "heft" that the sampled hardware has, but wrapped in the convenient multiple instances of Nebula. Now you can have as many of these compressors as your CPU (or rendering/freezing) can handle- the sky is the limit! I am actually not a huge fan of this particular hardware, it's never been "my sound". But admittedly, the only times i have had the opportunity to use one, I did not have the luxury of spending enough time to learn it's true strengths and weaknesses. Now I have this slick Nebula library and have already learned many uses that I didn't know before. This sounds great on everything I have tried it on; piano, drum busses and individual kit pieces, guitars and guitar busses, vocals, bass (amazing girth on bass if you take the time to find the sweet spot). And once you learn how to use the tone side-chain presets with the side-chain compressors, you can get controlled compression and still have a "kick you in the butt" low end thump. The first time I got that working I had to turn down my subs very quickly!!!

I urge you to try the free totally functional demo, and hear for yourself how cool this library is. You will not regret getting it, and you will continue to find more and more uses for it as time goes on. I have even been using the line-amp presets as tone coloration presets, very very cool!!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Gemini Audio G2500 Compressor library for Nebula
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search