The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai MPKMini

Akai Professional MPK Mini

4.35 4.35 out of 5, based on 1 Review

One of the better portable keybeds out there.

19th August 2013

Akai Professional MPK Mini by lostwars

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.25
Akai MPKMini

The MPKMini is a Laptop Production Keyboard designed to give you the most features in the smallest package. Its a little longer than an iPad but about the same width. It has 25 keys with no aftertouch, 8 rotary encoders, and 8 MPK pads for drums. It has 2 banks of pad controls with CC features and program Change features. A sustain button is also present above the Octave keys.

It does not have a pitch or mod wheel which is why it got a 4 in features. Honestly, I don't miss them.

I've had this for a few weeks transporting it between home projects and other studios and its held up really well. I've seen a few other producers with them and compared to whats available off the rack, this beats most of the other small keyboards especially when it comes to feel. The knobs arent stiff. The pads are a dream to use, but the keybed is natural and springy.

I've also used this it my ipad in Sunrizer, Animoog, and other synths. Rotary encoders work well with the ipad. Very pleasant to use.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Akai MPKMini
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search