The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ART SLA-1

ART Pro Audio SLA-1

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Great studio amplifier. Extremely clear!

25th July 2013

ART Pro Audio SLA-1 by needsLITHIUM

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
ART SLA-1

Really clear audio comes from this thing... no hiss, no hum, just straight LOUD and CLEAR. I have run this thing is stereo, both 4 and 8 ohms, and it sounds very good. In mono mode, it sounds just as good, but switching between mono and stereo is a pain, because you need to press a *recessed* button, and plug the cable in kinda weird... also, the only outputs this thing has are the archaic dual banana plugs... and those wires, though they have really good audio quality, they tend to break a lot... which gets annoying, because they are getting harder and harder to find...

But, the breaking banana plugs has nothing to do with the quality of this SLA-1 Power Amp... This thing is SOLID. It sounds great, is reasonably durable, and I have had zero issues the the power amp itself. it even comes with a cover plate for the volume knobs, and caps for the banana inserts in the back, for safe transportation! I love it!! I use it for both live and recording applications, not a single complaint, other than the banana plugs.

9th March 2019

ART Pro Audio SLA-1 by synthcoyote

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
ART SLA-1

I use the SLA-1 to power my Auratone monitors. The SLA-1 is a champ, with great sound (to the extent that anything can make Auratones sound great), and rock-solid reliable. My only complaint would be the fan noise, which isn't horrible, but is less than ideal for an amp powering studio monitors.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... ART SLA-1
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search