The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot Sound MM27 Gen2

Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 MM27 Gen2 - Pair

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

NEW Barefoot Audio Gen 2 MicroMain 27's Stomps on everything else!!!!

13th July 2013

Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 MM27 Gen2 - Pair by Whoknew

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Barefoot Sound MM27 Gen2

I just bought a pair of Gen2 MM27s and heard them for the first time last night (right out of the box) and I'm BLOWN AWAY!!! I've heard the Gen1's a few times and I can't really comment about the difference as I didn't have the speakers side by side. Wish I did. But going from my memory (so take this with a grain of salt) I feel like there is noticeably more detail in the mids. The resolution is unlike any other speaker I've heard. The top end is effortless and so transparent/natural, sounds like the h-hat is in the room with me. The imaging is sick. First pair of monitors I've ever heard that have me looking around the room as if I'm monitoring on 5.1 system, on some tracks. I don't know how Thomas does it?? I'm working on this big band track and can't get over how the horns and bass sound!!! I threw up a rough mix and immediately knew what frequencies were poking out and needed taming and which ones needed to step forward. Still haven't played around with the emulation, will plug that in tonight and have some fun. I can finally hear the electric bass guitar and grand piano accurately. OMG! AbsoF*&kinglutely KILLER MONITORS!
I've owned the Genelecs, DynAudio, KS Audio and these are the VERY BEST!!!!!

Last edited by Gearbot; 29th March 2016 at 04:21 PM..

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Barefoot Sound MM27 Gen2
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search