The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Zoom G7.1ut Multi FX

ZOOM G7.1ut Multi FX

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Great Pedal, has a 12ax7 tube, and good dsp. Great effects, great distortion (both emulated and original), great TONE!!

1st May 2012

ZOOM G7.1ut Multi FX by needsLITHIUM

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Zoom G7.1ut Multi FX

GREAT pedal. Very good saturation on distortions, especially when utilizing the tube. Has a gain switch, and may be plugged into an amps front, or in the back, using the amp in or the FX return. Sounds phenomenal when mixing the pedal's distortions with the crunch on an amp. Usable for all styles, with a bunch of effects, preamps, and even multiple amp emulation types. It also boasts stereo output, and a separate headphone out. You can record direct with USB into any ASIO or CoreAudio enabled DAW. Comes with Cubase Essentials.

Can be a little tricky to get used to the interface and controls for those not used to multi-fx pedals... other than that, it's great!!!

2 weeks ago

ZOOM G7.1ut Multi FX by Sowndgod

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Zoom G7.1ut Multi FX

First off..I am a 20 year pro-level guitarist with impecable tonal taste...I also am a pro-level sound/recording engineer....
This G7.1ut pre-amp multi Fx board is astounding..
I have also owned the Gxf-8 which was very inovative but quite noisey...still used it ,still have it, but this G7
is not only dead silent and clean as one could expect , it is also very versitile...I have gotten very usable fat punchy country guitar sounds from it..excellent multi compressor section by the way..
All the way to searing scorching death metal sounds. even very Boutique pedal and amplifier simulations. .I'm just overwealmed at it's abilities...
However..there is one trick to making this unit great..
You must ,I repeat , must replace the factory tube with a hi quality unit..
When I first got this unit the lows were mushy, boomy, over bearing, unintelligable sounding, and unacceptable...in fact I sold the unit...they guy who bought it wanted a refund , so I ended up with it again..."lucky for me in the end".
After letting it sit for a couple of weeks I pulled out a very old home stereo "tube" power amp I had laying around which had 4 vintage pre-amp tubes in it..
(4) 12ax7 one was even an austrian tube "turned out it was bad" , but the other 3 worked...Two were from the same manufacture , and the other was unbranded..
All 3 tubes sounded completely different in the unit..
Made a huge difference too...
I picked the one that had the most balanced sound and am using it now....no more woofy low end...its tite and defined...chuncky even...now this unit is my stand alone guitar sound...
The tube section of this board really makes a large difference in the way it feels and sounds.."LARGE".
I would'nt fret to say an electronics guy could go in there and replace a few little cheap parts and really make it breathy and tonally better even...
Tube wise..I would recomend and less "Hot" tube than the 12ax7, something breathy and fat with a good harmonically rich and glassy top end , "not drivey". based upon great tube tone, rather than extra distortion...that lets face it, with one or even two pre-amp tubes its really only mid hi fuzz..
The Fx sections of this unit are also borderline pristine for guitar work plenty useable ,live...
Would'nt even think twice about taking this out in live scenarios..built like a tank...very solid unit...
I can only imagine that the G-9tt is even better and far more modifiable...
Over all..I still love the zoom stuff..there are a couple of features not on this that were on the Gfx-8..like a semi-parametric 4 band eq and the VAMS , build your own multi level overdrive and distortions that were just plain awesome...but I still have'nt found a guitar sound that I could'nt emalulate 90% perfect yet...
My professional opinion..If your looking for a great main sound unit , or even just guitar Fx to go in front of your amp...this is a very solid choice...

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search