17th April 2012

Steinberg UR28M by Mistarock

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
Steinberg - UR28M

First of all let's start with some basic official feature coming directly from Steinberg website.

• USB 2.0 audio interface
  • 24-bit/96 kHz
  • Analog 4 in and 6 out plus stereo input for reference source
  • S/PDIF coaxial I/O
  • D-Pre Class-A discrete mic preamps supporting +48V
  • Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with one REV-X reverb and four Channel Strips with any DAW by using the latest dspMixFx technology
  • Digitally controlled monitor level control with DIM, Mono, and Mute fed by a 3x3 monitoring matrix
  • 2 separate headphone buses with individual outputs
  • Cubase AI 6 music production software included
  • Cross-platform compatibility for Mac OS X and Window

I will edit here

22nd April 2013

Steinberg UR28M by mequaz

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
Steinberg - UR28M

First thing is first, the sound: AWESOME. Clear and full. Converters in this thing are def on-point. Headphone amp gives plenty of juice to the headphones, and the knobs feel smooth. Im not gonna sit here and say that the converters in this are better than (____insert brand of choice____) but i will say i feel confident in what plays back. Now stability is another key point for me. Durability: Only had it for a couple days but i think she's a keeper.

Now i have a warm audio wa12 but just to test i wanted to compare the onboard pre vs my external. Nice. Not bad. Im not getting rid of my preamp or anything, but i cant say that id be mad if i had to use the onboard pres. This thing comes with a lot of features that im sure you can read about. Ill just say it works for me and my workflow. I record myself and its really nice to have all the connections in the back. I dont need cables all in my face. The onboard effects work great for monitoring and the knbos feel great.

IF you can afford one, get one.