The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AKG K240 Studio

AKG K240 Studio

4 4 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

AKG K240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones.

1st April 2012

AKG K240 Studio by Itsgrandzbaby

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
AKG K240 Studio

"Reliable, comfortable, and totally accurate" is how Sweetwater describes these semi-open studio headphones. I could not have said it better myself. I have been through a fair share of headphones in the 50-100 dollar range and I must say that these are on the top of my list.

The biggest plus about these headphones is the design. Of course they are not the most Appealing headphones in the world but as far as comfort goes, these are top notch. The sound on the headphones is not the flattest I have heard, but they are definitely very detailed. The slightly hypes Hi-end can also give you a feel of how your audience will listen to your mix. The only downfall, that I have noticed, is the wide headband which causes a problem when you want to rest the headphones on your neck while you reference on monitors.

I would definitely recommend these headphones to anyone looking in this price range.

1st April 2012

AKG K240 Studio by soundmark

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 2 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
AKG K240 Studio

I have had many pro headphones in my commercial studio for many years.

My N/DYM Sonys always worked for my drummers.

These AKG's are what I am most comfortable as a musician when tracking with. No fatigue, warm engaging low end and not too bright to make me paranoid. Likes a powerful headphone amp (Rane HC6 sounds solid).

These get my highest recommendation based on experience for tracking most musicians, unless they have hearing issues...then kill em with the Sony's.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... AKG K240 Studio
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search