25th March 2012

Fulltone OCD by Wesma

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Fulltone OCD

I am very happy I found out about the Fulltone OCD. This overdrive pedal is great and I just love the sounds that it can give any guitar player. It adds a lot of pleasing overtones and the feel of playing through it is amazing.
I have never actually been close to getting the sounds that I can get with the OCD with other pedals. Often they can sound very flat and 2D. The OCD kind of adds a third dimension to the guitar.
This little pedal has a huge lot of gain and I really like to put a compressor in front of it to add even more sustain. I have used this pedal mainly with a Strat or sometimes a Tele. I can imagine it would sound pretty nice with a Les Paul or something similar too.
To me this pedal is a great match for my Vox amp which doesn’t have a drive channel itself.

The OCD has two gain settings that make it very versatile. It can give any guitar either just some crunch or pretty massive overdrive. I never really like the sound of the pedal when the drive knob is too cranked up. I like to push the volume up and to have the drive somewhere near the 12 o clock position the most. That gives a nice balanced OD sound and it just makes the guitar and the amp come alive.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search