The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio Electronics Omega 8

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The Studio Electronics Omega 8 is a heavy duty all purpose polyphonic analog synth.

25th March 2012

Studio Electronics Omega 8 by littledoodler

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4

The Omega 8 is a modern polyphonic analog made by a couple of guys in Los Angeles California. It provides a vast sound palette for crafting huge bass and leads, and provides a hefty amount of otherworld sounds.
The unit I reviewed had some bugs in the Multi-mode which seems odd to me that after nearly fifteen years since it's release, the software is still unstable. Also, the arpeggiator had all sorts of problems crashing.
Other than that, there is no shortage of ridiculous, searing leads especially in unison mode. You can stack all eight voices together for a ridiculous wall of sound. If you can't get this thing to cut through in a dense mix, you should probably call it a day. In multi, there are a couple of different modes to explore. You can stack patches on top of one another, or add a different patch to each of the eight voices. So when you key through the voices, each voice is a different patch. Its pretty sick. You can make some really unique patches this way. Add an external arpeggiator and you can make some absolutely cracking, beautiful atmosphere. I think this synth excels at creative atmospheric sounds.
Altogether, this thing is a pure analog dream machine built by a couple of guys in California.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Studio Electronics Omega 8
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search