The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jomox M-Resonator

Jomox T-Resonator

3.5 3.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

analog filterbox (awesome sounddesign machine)

23rd March 2012

Jomox T-Resonator by tone_rekooda

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Jomox M-Resonator

Hey guys,

I am reviewing my beloved Jomox M-Resonator!

It`s a weird filter housed in a small, black box. And it`s engineerd by the very sympathic german guy called Jürgen Michaelis.

Connections
Stereo IN and Stereo Out

The parameters
ATTACK & RELEASE > you can adjust the envelope with that parameters.
All the other paramaters are twofold available because the filter is split into left and right.
CUTOFF > controlls the frequency amount which goes trough the 24-Pole-LowPass filter which is transistor-cascaded.
ENV AMT > self-explanatory I think, controlls the amount of the envelope (negativ and positiv).
MIX 1-2 / 2-1 > with that knobs you can couple the CUTTOFFs.
FEEDBACK > again self-explanatory. you can adjust the amount of the Cutoff-Feedback in a negativ and positiv way what means you can feed back the cutoff into itself. weird stuff going on
FM > Frequency Modulation.

The arrows
As you can see on the front plate there are a lot of arrows pointing from here to there. They are necessary because without them it would be hard to know what`s going on when you turn up something.
Basically the arrows are showing you what`s the source and what`s the destination.

Handling
Yeah, that`s the interesting point... you have to spend some time with that machine to know what`s going on. It`s something like an envelope-follower which reacts on a lot of modulations you can adjust yourself so at first you won`t really know why that sound is achieved. But on the other hand this is the reason why I love this machine! It`s pretty complex and therefore you can achieve damn interesting sounds with it.

Sound
Just awesome! Some examples of what I do with the machine >

Making something bass-heavy : You can adjust that little monster in a way which makes out of a normal Kick Drum a Bassdrum-Beast with awesome modulated lows which will impress you for sure

Or feeding the machine with your drumbuss (especially nice when doing electronic music) and using it as an envelope follower. really nice results!

But anyway, the main purpose for me is sounddesign. you can get really wild and weird results and especially interesting stuff which is constantly changing.

But CAUTION : In certain circumstances you can likely hurt you ears when turning up or down the feedback knob You have to spend some time on the machine to exactly know and feel when you are hitting that dangerous areas.

Overall I would say the sound is very "analogisch". If you are producing right itb and would love to add some analog "mojo" it`s a prefect machine. Damn fat sounding with a dark/dirty tendency.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search