The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
M Audio Oxygen 25

M-Audio Oxygen 25 3rd Gen

4.4 4.4 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Useful and compact little usb bus powered keyboard for connecting to your DAW.

17th March 2012

M-Audio Oxygen 25 3rd Gen by gdgross

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
M Audio Oxygen 25

The maudio oxygen 25 is USB powered mini keyobard. It makes playing in simple lines and chords into your DAW easy and efficient. I particularly like it when I don't want to go out to the studio to work but would rather lounge around in the living room and work on my laptop. ;-) 25 keys only, so not too useful if you're wanting to play full piano parts, but it's great for inputting bass lines, pads, organ sounds, etc.

There are a bunch of bottons and knobs above the actual keys that are supposed to map to your DAW functions. I've had decent success using logic 9. The knobs and fader seem to work well, and I can map them to functions in logic, but the transport functions don't always operate as I expect. In particular, there seems to be an issue with the play button backing up the cursor several bars before bar 0. There is a procedure from maudio that's supposed to map things correctly to Logic and garageband, but I could never get it to work perfectly. Other than that, though it's been great.

I do occasionally find the 25 keys limiting depending. There are octave switches, but depending on the highest and lowest note in the phrase you're playing, sometimes that means you can be limited to just over an octave.

Purchased this from ebay for around $60 as I recall. Hard to beat it for that price, it's been super useful thus far.

26th March 2012

M-Audio Oxygen 25 3rd Gen by milmorga

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
M Audio Oxygen 25

I just purchased the Oxygen 25. This is a great tool for on the go chording and composing vocal parts. I am a worship leader for our local ministry and I am always on the go. I needed a small keyboard for on the fly composing. This fit the bill I tried a couple of other small keyboards but the all felt like toys. This actually feels pretty good. I especially like the powered USB connection. This allows me to just put it in my laptop bag and fire up Logic at lunch time and get some work done. It mapped to the controllers to useful keys and I was off to the races. I especially like the transport keys as they have streamlined my workflow. The next track key eliminated the need for me to even touch my MAC as I create scores. I would like a few more octaves, but then it would not fit in my laptop bag. It was just what I was looking for. I am thinking about using it in performances for a bass controller or for drum fills. I would definitely recommend this to any one who is looking for a simple small portable controller.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... M Audio Oxygen 25
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search