The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Echo AudioFire 4

Echo Digital Audio AudioFire 4

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Small, bus powered, firewire interface. Good sound from a quality build.

17th March 2012

Echo Digital Audio AudioFire 4 by tonedeg

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Echo AudioFire 4

Great unit for those that want a solid portable audio interface. If you're using a linux distro to do music, this one of the few options that work really well.

I also considered RME, but to be honest I couldn't really tell enough difference in the audio quality between the two to justify the RME price tag. It's like going from a 9.6 to a 10. You end up paying a lot to get that last little bit.

Mic pre's are okay. They won't win any awards. They work, they get the job done, and they're pretty clean, but beyond that... at any rate I don't really use them.

A small point, but the front panel signal meters are also sorta 'meh'. Good for roughing in levels and that's about it, again, I don't really use them.

The sound quality is top notch, dare I say the best at this price point? And that's what I really care about. I'd say it's on par or better than some of the more expensive competition.

It's built like a tank. The front faceplate is the only plastic part of the casing. The rest is really thick aluminum, and the only seams are the front and back plates. More roadworthy than most other mobile interfaces.

After a year, it's still running strong, no noise, pots all work etc. In short, it's reliable.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Echo AudioFire 4
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search