The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Agile AL-3000

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

The Agile AL-3000 has a great value to price ratio. Korean made, single North American distributor Rondo Music, great options, amazing wood and finishes, solid vintage sounding pickups. Heavy but well worth it for the sound.

17th March 2012

by HowOwl

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

I am not a stickler for brand name guitars and so when I went searching for the top selling value for money guitars out there, I came up repeatedly with references to Agile. Ranging from $225 to $650, these guitars blow most mid range brands out of the market. Starting at $225 (AL-2000), you get a set neck, Les Paul style platform with luscious mahogany and respectable components (for the price). Moving up to AL-3000 for $370 ($500 shipped to Canada) you get Grover tuners, upgraded pickups (wax potted), upgraded wiring and components and a mahogany neck. Moving up to the top models, you get into neck through body designs and top quality components. These guitars sure come with a huge amount of options and are available in a plethora of finishes and grains.

My experience with the guitar has been a dream. If you love those full heavy wood Les Paul tones, The AL-3000 delivers. I have not been able to find anything in a guitar shop selling for less than $1000 that will match. It is a great platform for upgrades, as most of the struggle with this guitar is setting it up. Replacement pickups are a great move, however I have been so happy with the laid back vintage tone of the stock alnico's, that I have yet to swap them out.

The Agile AL-3000 has a great value to price ratio. Korean made, single North American distributor Rondo Music, great options, amazing wood and finishes, solid vintage sounding pickups. Heavy but well worth it for the sound. Very respectable.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Agile AL-3000
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search