The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Electro-Harmonix XO Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker Fuzz Pedal

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A new take on the Big Muff fuzz pedal.

16th March 2012

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker Fuzz Pedal by theronaldchase

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Electro-Harmonix XO Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker

Features:

True bypass
The Wicker switch opens up 3 high-frequency filters providing a sustain that is raspy and defined
The Tone switch completely removes the tone control, providing a devastating broadband Big Muff slam
With the Wicker switch off and the Tone switch on, you have the original Big Muff Pi

Sound Quality:

Is great! You can dial in traditional Big Muff tones with this thing easily just by turning off the wicker. I always leave the tone and wicker switches on as I find that it adds a little bit more mids so you don't get lost in the mix as easily as you do with a regular Big Muff.

Ease of Use:

Simple. Plug and play. To get tones that you like all you have to do is turn a few knobs and flip a couple of switches. It isn't exactly rocket science. Although I'm sure that somewhere, someplace someone is dialing in absolutely crap tones with it. But, that isn't my problem so no worries.

Bang for Buck:

Compared to most fuzz pedals, it's actually pretty cheap. I got mine for $90. It is extremely affordable and highly recommended.

Overall, I highly recommend this pedal for anyone looking to buy a fuzz pedal as it is extremely versatile.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Electro-Harmonix XO Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search