The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EMU 1212m PCIe

E-MU Systems 1212m PCIe

3.75 3.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Great Audio, Confusing interface.

16th March 2012

E-MU Systems 1212m PCIe by jokerone

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
EMU 1212m PCIe

The sound quality is wonderful, however the PatchMix DSP software interface is like moving from Checkers to 3 Dimensional Chess. Once you wrap your skull around the concept of the Patchmix it makes the hardware useful, until then, it can be a lesson in frustration.
When creating virtual strips, sends, inputs and outputs , a point of reference is needed. Input to the computer ? Input to the 1212m audio interface?
In a nutshell you have to think of the patchmix as an actual mixer completely separated from the computer, 1212m interface and any other hardware. When I first started to use it I wanted to think of it as part of the 1212m audio interface card and in my mind made it the point of reference in terms of what is IN and OUT to and from. That was a mistake. Once you treat the patchmix software as a separate piece of equipment from the 1212m, the computer, and other hardware, then it’s not hard to setup.

The main reason I choose it was it was not a USB interface. I had had driver issues with an alesis USB mixer and I didn’t want to repeat that tragedy.
The other reason is it has Mastering Grade 24bit/192khz converters the same used in Digidesign’s ProTools HD 192 I/O Interface.
setup.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... EMU 1212m PCIe
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search