The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Omnichord OM27

SUZUKI Omnichord OM27

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Omnichord OM27

15th March 2012

SUZUKI Omnichord OM27 by Jack Morgan

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Omnichord OM27

The Suzuki Omnichord OM27 is an elegant, unique sounding electronic instrument from the 1980s (with a lovely, bland 80s toy-like appearance to boot). It’s got 3 sections: a drum machine, a group of buttons for playing chords with your left hand, and a strumming strip for controlling the sound with your right hand. It’s also got a built-in speaker, so you can mic it up or you can connect a jack into its 1/4" output. The Omnichord can run on batteries but it also comes with a power supply.

The Omnichord is very intuitive to play and great for sprinkling creative arpeggios (whether “strummed” or “picked out”, however you use your finger/s on the sensor-strip) onto an existing guitar or piano track. The sound has that bright, pleasing “Gameboy” ring to it. I find that it sounds really great through lots of weird delay, pitchshift and reverb effects – I send it through my Vox Tonelab guitar multi-effects pedal and get some great results.

The Omnichord is very light and fits comfortably on your lap, which is great for gigging as it’s more cute to play an instrument this than have it on a keyboard stand.

There is loads of substance to the retro style of this instrument. The sound goes really well with a lot of different kinds of music I’ve been making. Love it. My only beef with the OM27 model is that there aren't 3 x 12 buttons (chords) only 3 x 9!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Omnichord OM27
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search