The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tascam Us 1641

TASCAM US-1641

2.25 2.25 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Don't buy it

14th March 2012

TASCAM US-1641 by seangray1

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 1 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.25
Tascam Us 1641

Don't do it.
Please don't. It's the worst purchase I've ever done besides a broken tape machine for 175 euros.

This piece of junk will give you nothing but trouble. I owned this for about 1,5 years and actually had it in my studio for 2 months. The rest of the time it spent sitting idly at the repair people.

It is the most pathetic episode of customer help that I've ever experienced. I was left without an interface for so long that I sometimes even forgot that I had one. I ended up buying a different one and telling them I wanted my money back. That process took about 8 months and then at one point I emailed them to ask about the status of the process and they said they didn't have the unit.

In that period of time they gave me 2 brand new ones, that had different but equally annoying defects.

I was seduced by the 8 preamps for relatively cheap price. I was going to record drums with them. That's ok. The sound quality is ok. Definitely not great, but ok. If you get it working that is.

Problems include that the drivers aren't stable, the digitally controlled knobs aren't stable, it emits many ticks and pops, I recall it causing the 'screen of death' on my macbook a few times...

I think my message is clear. Don't.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Tascam Us 1641
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search