The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EHX Memory Boy Pedal

Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy Analog Delay Pedal

5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Amazing little delay/modulation pedal with expression pedal input for super spaced effects. Used in on guitar, vocals, keys, snare... With a little tweaking and the modulation feature you can even get a wobbly tape delay sound.

13th March 2012

Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy Analog Delay Pedal by tobitonewheel

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
EHX Memory Boy Pedal

I originally bought the Memory Boy just to add some spatial depth to my electric guit in live situations. Knew EHX made solid pedals and got the Memory Boy quite cheap...

As all EHX-Pedal, the case is rock-solid, heavy duty construction. The jack sockets are screwed shut, no wobbling of the jack plugs. It comes with a 9V wall-wart power supply, but you can also power it with a 9V battery. I only use the external power suppy - it can be a bit unreliable in busy situations, but a piece of duct tape solves that problem easily.

First of all, just a little bit of slap back delay gave the guitar a HUGE depth boost, instant big sound. I never turn it off anymore. Even just an almost inaudible setting adds so much warmth and depth!

But the fun really starts when you dial in the modulation. You can choose between triangle and square mod wave, and then between three rates via three-way switch. If you plug in an expression pedal, you can choose between controlling delay time or rate of modulation (the toggle switches change function depending on wether an exp-pedal is plugged in, so be sure to read the manual to know all the possible settings). Sounds from outer space ensue! With gentle mod settings I even got some super warm wobbly tape delay effects that I used on vocals and keys.

The Memory Boy is not a delay for super exact ms-delays or custom delay patterns, but instead invites you to experiment, and is very rewarding.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... EHX Memory Boy Pedal
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search