The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer SRC2496

Behringer Ultramatch Pro SRC2496

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A two channel A/D and D/A converter that can also function as a digital sample rate converter.

8th March 2012

Behringer Ultramatch Pro SRC2496 by aclarson

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
Behringer SRC2496

I picked this up a while back when I had my M-Audio Delta 1010 to get two more channels on my S/PDIF interface. This box allows you two A/D and two D/A at 16, 20 or 24 bits, and at sample rates up to 96KHz.

This thing has worked perfectly since I bought it. It has lots on connection options -- there's S/PDIF RCA, AES XLR, or ADAT Lightpipe connections available for both digital in and out. Only XLRs are available for the analog ins and outs, but this shouldn't be a problem for most studio setups. Meters are very useful and a nice touch.

Sound quality wasn't perceivably better or worse than my interface converters. I did a comparison between this, a Focusrite Saffire and a Presonus Digimax FS, and all had comparable quality; very clean, but not particularly exciting. All sounded somewhat frequency limited when compared to my PCM4222 A/D. But for the price, this converter is the perfect thing if you need an inexpensive way to add a few channels over a spare digital connection. I haven't seen anything else on the market that's comparable for the price.

Our of curiosity, I opened this thing up to look at the guts, and I was struck by how small the circuit board was. If you look at the case from the outside, the PCB only takes up like 1/3 to 1/2 the interior space. I'd imagine they must use a standard chassis size for a few of their products to keep production costs down, and this was the closest that fit.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Behringer SRC2496
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search