The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai LPK25

Akai Professional LPK25

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

This USB controller has a ton of features and is great for making music on the go. When I'm not in my studio its nice to still be able to create midi part and this little controller allows me to do this.

6th March 2012

Akai Professional LPK25 by pathdoc

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Akai LPK25

I purchased this little controller for about $65 off eBay last year. Because of its low price point I had low expectations. Turns out its the best money I've spent in a long time on gear. I use it to create keyboard/drum parts as a controller using Kontakt. It's simple to use and requires no external power supply because it draws power via its USB connection. This is the perfect controller if you want to go to a remote location and just let your creative juices flow. Its small enough to pack into a back pack or put into a computer bag. This little unit features 25 velocity sensitive keys as well as an Arpeggiator, sustain button, octave up and down, and tap tempo controls.

Overall I'm pleased with this little controller. I could see someone who plays keyboards as their primary instrument find it difficult to play due to its small key size but with some practice I thing most will find they can play simple parts without too much trouble.

28th June 2012

Akai Professional LPK25 by b_adl_y

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Akai LPK25

but this things seems like a pretty decent bang for your buck in that it isnt trying to be some full sized super keyboard. no real frills or anything but it can do what you need and its perfect for mobility and being compact and all. Plus its great for those of us who need the keyboard for just some light work

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Akai LPK25
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search