5th March 2012

TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48 by squareneck

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
TC Konnekt 48

This firewire 400 audio interface has a capacity of 22 inputs. 12 analog, 8 ADAT and 2 S/PDIF. The four onboard preamps are ok but not top notch as expected.
The downsides of the interface is that I have some problem with the drivers (pops and crackle) when interfacing with Pro Tools 9, but that could be Pro Tools since they just recently started supporting third party interfaces. TC's also very proud of their DSP-effects unfortunately they don't work with Pro Tools since they're not RTAS. Apart from above mentioned problems it a great interface for the money! But if I had the money I'd go for the UA Apollo instead.

For more information check out TC's homepage.

25th October 2012

TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48 by jblloyd

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
TC Konnekt 48

After so many interfaces, pre-amps, plugins, mics and countless hours of experimentation the TC Konnekt 48 leaves me speechless - and I work as a voice artiste!!
Despite claims that the preamps are "not top-class" they certainly suit some mics. Today, there is seldom a "bad" piece of gear, just one that is being used inappropriately. (Although, I have a locker full of equipment that is "inappropriate" for my needs).
If you want to record voice: hook-up a TLM103, work with the built-in DSP plug "Fabrik C Studio" and you can achieve results that will astound you - not once, but time and time again. An M49 sounds good too but the 103 can be trimmed to be indistinguishable.
I used to spend a lot of time working with plugins to end-up with a reasonable result; now, although there is trimming to do, the "raw" sound is right.
OK, so I don't mix music (often) but I DO make money and hate equipment-stress: the Konnekt 48 helps me in both departments.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search