The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
M-Audio Keystation 88

M-Audio Keystation 88

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

M-Audio Keystation 88 usb midi controller

3rd March 2012

M-Audio Keystation 88 by DLR_

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
M-Audio Keystation 88

in a world where USB midi controllers can be found for about the price of a burger are we forgetting about quality ? i'm talking about touch response, feel, key weight and all those things that REAL keyboard players grew up experiencing when learning on an acoustic piano, or an electric or an organ.
well, i'm not here to tell you that the M-Audio Keystation 88 will be all that and more, BUT ! what i can tell you is that : you are going to have a blast playing it, and you will forget that you are playing a piece of plastic, made somewhere in asia that is powered by you old laptop and that is controlling some cheap piano sampler you got for free buying a magazine.you will think you are playing, if not a real piano, a very cool big buck keyboard by some major brand, who still has their products made somewhere in asia anyway !
i had a few workstations as well as digital full weighted pianos but what happened was that i found my self sliding my hands playing organ sounds and synths for gigs so i had to go with something a bit less realistic and a bit lighter to carry.there you go, the M-Audio Keystation 88

4th March 2012

M-Audio Keystation 88 by MIDIMobster

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
M-Audio Keystation 88

Want an easy to use, low cost, good quality midi controller? This is it! Whether you're just stepping into the MIDI world or you're a seasoned vet, this is something you can use. Pretty easy setup, all you need is to connect it thru the usb and you're good to go! It features the notes over each key for those that are less musical than some as well as non-weighted keys so whether you're using a piano, guitar, or drum sound it's quite easy to use. the keys are also velocity sensitive. although some may be put off by its lack of features (it only has a modulation wheel, pitch wheel, and volume slider) it's PERFECT for those that don't need all the extra sliders and knobs, especially if you dont want to shell out a ton of money. these are only $200+ ish and with the sales Guitar Center always has going on you could easily get an extra $20 off. so what are you waiting for?!

28th March 2012

M-Audio Keystation 88 by sugardust

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
M-Audio Keystation 88

I was looking to upgrade my midi-controller and found an incredible deal on this M-Audio Keystation 88es. Going from 49 keys to 88 was a huge and necessary upgrade for me, and the velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted keys have a very good feel, and are very responsive. Quite an improvement over the light-weight plastic keys on my former controller. The USB connection eliminated the need for a midi interface and cable and works perfectly while somewhat reducing cable-clutter. The pitch-bend and modulation wheels are responsive and I ended up adding the SP-1 sustain pedal which works nicely and provides very realistic expression. Also included is an octave function and a volume slider. A nice aesthetic touch is the blue indicator lights. While not necessarily feature-filled, there is plenty to work with. At a mere 22 pounds it is extremely lightweight and nicely designed. It is a very attractive keyboard with a very compact design and features rounded-corners and a satiny finish. If you are looking for a basic 88 note controller you really can't go wrong with this unit. Overall this is a very nice controller at a very affordable price and a welcome new addition to my studio. My recordings already reflect the fact that I'm no longer limited to only 49 keys. Excellent buy.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... M-Audio Keystation 88
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search