The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools 10

Avid Pro Tools

4.65 4.65 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Most used daw

3rd March 2012

Avid Pro Tools by jmp72

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Pro Tools 10

First of all, i'm a user of Pro Tools since the version 7.4, and 10 is for me, a big step from the others! One thing I really love is the realtime fades! I do a lot of metal music and when it's time to add crossfades on a edited drum track, it doesn't take 20 minutes for PT to render the fades as before, and the session don't take more time to open!

Why I put a 9/10 for the features? Two major thing for me:
1. Still unable to import multiple tempo map!?!?!? I need to use reaper to do this only task
2. Avid still blocking simple features in the non-HD version, like linking record button on multiple tracks....

Beside that, I love working on Pro Tools!
-Benoit

11th March 2012

Avid Pro Tools by seangray1

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Pro Tools 10

I moved to this from Logic Pro 9 about two months ago. Up till now I've done lots of producing in it and I'm very happy about it.
Logic was a very cramped and dark program for my feel. It also had quite a few bugs that put me off.

I got the Academic version of Pro Tools 10. It's freaking cheap! 280 euros. And it's lifelong use and 4 years free updates.
It's got all the features of the full price version, just cheaper.

I couldn't be happier with this DAW. I do quite a lot of audio recordings, not much MIDI.
It's great for recording. Many different work flows possible, wich makes it suitable for many different types of recording.

The program is genius. It has so much depth and so many clever things/features. Those guys have really made a program that is friendly for producers and engineers.

For me also the look and feel is important. Great features in my opinion are the colours and their configuration options, the group function, Flex Time (incl. quantize options), all the great shortcuts, options for adding mix features in edit window, clip gain, delay compensation of 16something, anyway; many samples. So now it all works just like Logic, no more weird stuff happening if you add pitchshift insert.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Pro Tools 10
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search