The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitar Rig 5 Pro

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 Pro

4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

A VST amp modeler.

3rd March 2012

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 Pro by theronaldchase

• Sound Quality 3 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
Guitar Rig 5 Pro

Features:
17 Amp models
27 Cab models
54 Effects and tools
Optional Hardware and other accessories

Sound Quality:

Over all I am pretty pleased with the sound quality of this program. I was pretty surprised when I first installed it and started playing through it. The clean settings on most amps sounds great and you get a nice tube style break up on some of the amp models. As far as the high gain amp models, its a little lacking. But it will get the point across.

Ease of use:

Simple. Install, open the standalone or open it as a plugin in your DAW and get to playing. Load up some presets or make your own settings. It took me a while to go through and listen to all of the presets in this program so I honestly didn't get around to making my own for about a week or so. Even when you do get around to making your own presets the ease of use here is mind blowingly simple. Its just drag and drop.

Features:

Tons. I've owned 5 since it came out and I am still learning new things. It's ridiculous.

Bang for buck:

Full version is $200. The only way that I know of the get a better amp modeler is to save up for Axe FX II. And that will take a while. So honestly, this is a great buy if you want a decently realistic tube quality but you aren't able to actually mic a guitar cab because if you're anything like me, you live in an apartment.

Over all:

I would recommend this to anyone. Even if you are at the level where you can mic an actual amp and get great recordings, I still think this is a useful tool to have in your arsenal as there are some things you can do with this program that you wouldn't always be able to do with an actual amp.

Alas, nothing beats slapping an actual mic on a speaker cone, but this program will do fine in the mean time.

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ...
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search