The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
yamaha rh10ms

4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

yamaha rh10ms studio headphones!!!!

23rd February 2012

by andrew caramia

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75

the yamaha rh10ms are the best headphones ive ever owned. Ultrasone s-logic tech for a 'virtual studio monitor' type experience, and they do it better!
very midrange orientated, 'forward' sounding, a little fatigueing and very articulate.... just like yamaha's monitor range they really force you to push a smooth mix (so all the better for it). bass is tight and not boomy, just right to my ears. comfortable to wear too.
i wouldnt rely on these for your total monitoring needs (you'd be silly not to use monitor speakers too), but a very wise purchase nontheless.
just like their other 'budget' recording products (n12 mixer, hs80m+hs10w monitors, msp7 monitors, fx units, software) these are HIGHLY UNDERRATED, proffesional, extremely well made and deserve your attention. i really can't say more good things about yamaha pro audio. i might sound a bit biased, but after dealing with so many crap products for so long and not realizing yamaha had such great gear was- and still is- a revelation for me.
its not just a marketing ploy that these cans have a similar white and black look like their ns10/hs80m's.... they have the same sound and philosophy.
ive owned expensive akg's etc etc and these are fantastic closed back cans. so good i bought 4 pairs. comes with a really nice cloth black velvet bag, looooong thick pro cable and build quality is tough. i dont see these guys breaking anytime soon.
want a pair of hs80m's surgically implanted into your brain? grab a pair before they stop making them!
Features:

S-logic 3 Dimensional Surround Sound

Ergonomic design for extended wear

Accurate reproduction of digital music

1/8" plug with 1/4" adaptor included

Velour storage pouch included

Specifications:

Frequency Response: 18 - 21,000Hz

Impedance: 32 Ohms

Sensitivity: 96 db

Drivers: 40mm Neodymium Mylar driver

Weight: 265 grams excluding cord