The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beyerdynamics DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro

4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

If you are looking for new headphones for your personal studio. Take a look at the Beyerdynamics DT 770

13th February 2012

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro by avion

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25

If you are looking for new headphones for your personal studio.
Take a look at the Beyerdynamics DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm

Closed-back has a reputation for producing "I'm sitting inside a box sound" than open-back variety. Yet there are often advantages to a certain degree of acoustic isolation.
And the bass on this specific model (closed-back) is in my opinion fantastic.

Personally I've never liked the feeling. To be closed entirely out from the outside world when I have headphones on.
But I think Beyer Dynamics DT with their 770 model, found a good balance.
It's still possible to hear the phone ringing, or knock on the door, but still a lower degree of the general background noise.

There may be problems with a colored "midrange" in closed-back headphones, but I do not think that this problem is so pervasive in this particular model as in others, but have to be mentioned.

A little extra pluses:

- Delicious comfort
- Good range (cord) 3 meters.
- Ability to switch between stereo mini jack 1/8 "& 1/4"
- Fine balance insulation
- Exellent for mix and sound monitoring

Studio headphone, dynamic, closed, impedance 250 Ohms,
pressure level 96dB/SPL,
frequency response 5-30.000 Hz,

Overall a nice product and it is hereby recommended.

14th February 2012

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro by Puffer Fish

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5

I have several pairs of the DT770 closed back headphones and they have become a regular part of tracking for me.

The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro closed back design is particularly useful when tracking quiet sources to minimize bleed from the headphones looping back through the microphone. Think singer into a sensitive condenser microphone with a loud rock track monitoring through the headphones--closed back headphones make a difference in this sort of setting and the DT 770 design is very good for the task. The Extreme Isolation headphones are the only headphones I have found that are better at isolating the signal, but they do not sound as good and are not as comfortable.

Speaking of comfort, the DT 770 Pro headphones, along with the 880 and 990 Beyerdynamic headphones are the most comfortable cans I have ever had the opportunity to use. It is a great selling point if you have the chance to try some out. I am fairly certain the fabric material can be replaced. The build is solid, as headphones go, just do not keep pulling hard on the cable because like anything else, eventually it will fail.

The DT 770 Pro headphones are $200 cans, and they sound like it. Compare them to headphones costing less, and you will hear better detail, less fatigue, and will simply be more comfortable wearing the DT 770 cans, in my experience. However, with critical listening, the DT 770 headphones reveal a boominess in the lower frequencies that can be distracting over a long session. In short, they out-perform most other headphones, but in no way are a suitable choice for critical mixing when compared to a great set of studio monitors. But as a tool for tracking or comfortable listening of playback, the DT 770 Pro headphones really shine.

Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search