The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews   Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7

Bricasti Design M7 Stereo Reverb

4.25 4.25 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Amazing sounding reverb high end room simulation

12th February 2012

Bricasti Design M7 Stereo Reverb by mahasandi

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
Bricasti M7

This is like an acoustics upgrade.
If you have heard the M7 you want one if you have not used it in your studio you making your job harder.

I feel that this reverb is alone in not blurring the detail of the original sound and also not sitting on top the sound like an effect.

The current V2.0 software a free upgrade makes the more lexicon 300 type fantasy verbs come through.
The original algorythms are very realistic .
There is no other reverb unit I have used tht can sound like a room mic like this does.
Its amazing the way you can get into the editing and place a sound closer or further from the 'mic' so to speak very 3d.

The parameters are not hard to learn, The sound is varied many types of verb are covered.

A big gripe is not alllowing the user to have the unit available as as ad/da , you can input analog but you can not output a digital signal to the M7 and then have the analog out also active analog ins/outs only work when analog sources are used....

This crippling of the functionality is a shame but they at Bricasti have to make money and have released a standalone da.
There logics for not allowing it to also be a da dont hold up for me.
I wish they just said hey we need to make money, we need to sell a separate product to create value so we can stay in business, no problem understood,
rather they have explained that someday you wont want this da, and we designed it so no digital and analog circuitry would share a power supply, fine but....I dont think its that big a deal sonically, as other convertors sound as good and do this, and these convertors are excellent but just sitting there for one purpose alone.

That said I still give this product a classic status as it just delivers gourgous sounding acoustic enhancement to any material put through it .
Brian and Casey are really nice and give free software updates, great stuff!!

Totally recommended

I find that you can add just a hair of this too any track and place it deeper in space or add a sense of depth and realism that I just would n't assume you could.

So when is the plug-in coming out?

Well since this thing is the equal to 10 g5 computers at once doing dedicated processing with incredible ad/da to boot (and aes/ebu)
not yet.
And honestly there is something so cool about dedicated products and surfaces etc etc.

Here it is the knowledge that sets these former lexicon guys apart.
Maybe the Quantec is in the same league but really nothing can do what the M7 does it actually places your sounds as if they were recorded in a better acoustic space , amazing!!!!

• Gear Database

• By Gearbot
Loading mentioned products ... Bricasti M7
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search